What's this?

this is the archives of my old blog. Follow me at http://martinrouge.blogspot.com/ whenever I post!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Thank you, Mr Bukowski

I had been in a creative drought in my writing for along time, especially on the poetry front, pretty much ever since the original band split up. While i mangaed to write some fiction, its been in bursts, here and there. Not exactly productive.

Yesterday I saw a documentary on the great american poet, Charles Bukowski. Now, I havent read any Bukowski, tho I probably should have. But the history of the man, to see him, hear him talk, hear his story, the hear his poetry, it shook me. It unlocked thecreative gate that had been shut for a while now. And I started writing again. Got two complete pieces done, with two unfinished. One crazy burst of creative writing on the span of a few hours. This is more than I've been able to do in the last two years.

Sometimes, things just happen in clusters; this seems to be the case for me. I'm getting more creative musically and prosaically, my recipes are getting better and I'm meeting good creative people. And I met a good girl, the kind one dreams about but never expects to meet. And for the first time in a long time, I'm pretty happy.

Now, all I gotta do is keep writing, get a more rewarding job and lose some weight.

Sounds like a plan.

Keep on drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment