What's this?

this is the archives of my old blog. Follow me at http://martinrouge.blogspot.com/ whenever I post!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Morass and fistfights

In the last few months, inspiration has been creeping back in. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting back into writing. Its amazingly tough, back from a time when I could write seemingly effortlessly. Now, that doesn't mean that any of it (or at ;east, most) was any good; far from it. But wasn't completely bad either. But by writing a lot, at least there's some hope that some of it will stick and can be improved on.

But I guess its the Robert Rodriguez method applied to writing: get your first 10 stories out as soon as possible (in his case, he was talking about movies) cause they're going to be utter shyte and you can then move on to real writing. Maybe that was the formative period and what little comes out now is the good stuff. Or maybe, after fermenting for months, its the good stuff, like the cognac, that rises to the surface of the creative morass.

Or maybe I'm still sick in the head and its just really hard to push stuff through.

Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment