What's this?

this is the archives of my old blog. Follow me at http://martinrouge.blogspot.com/ whenever I post!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Getting around...

Alright, I managed to get a couple of things about this damn blog thing... so its bound to improve with time.

I managed to write a bit last night. Nothing spectacular, but every little bit counts. Still way better than not writing. Lets see if I can keep it up. Its like apples, once a day...

Now I should write some more; maybe that way I'll actually complete something within the rest of this summer. I'm still way far from submitting anything for publishing review, but its like working out I guess. You keep lifting those weights until you get definition, and then you maintain. I'm not even at the point of style, thats still rough, but working on the writing will flesh it out.

Once I get something published, I think I'll feel legitimised enough to actually call myself a writer. In the meantine, I'll stick to the old-fashionned "scrivener"... which is fine by me, cause my target occupation is "gentleman"...

Once in Toronto, I'll be starting a travelogue. That should allow me to practice some more of my writing, and in a different style than fiction. And thats not a bad thing, since it provides me with an outlet for more practical, professional writing for reviews or articles. There are no steps too small...

No comments:

Post a Comment