What's this?

this is the archives of my old blog. Follow me at http://martinrouge.blogspot.com/ whenever I post!

Thursday, January 5, 2006

My name is Yuri

Well, its a small tribute to a recent commercial character.

All this to tie into the subject of this small entry: my fascination for old russian/soviet stuff. After military paranerphilia of many sorts, I have just acquired an soviet 35mm camera. Mind you, its not a cool leica, but then again, I cant afford a leica; I'm not anywhere near worthy of shooting with a leica, tho I one day plan on owning one.

No, the recent acquisition is a Zenit-E, for which I paid little money (and if Ebay is any indicator, I paid its worth.) Now just because its not worth a lot of money doesnt mean its not a cool toy. And maybe, just maybe, it'll take some decent pics.

I should be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment