What's this?

this is the archives of my old blog. Follow me at http://martinrouge.blogspot.com/ whenever I post!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Best laid plans

To cap off my b-day weekend, I had planned to finally attend V for Vendetta, something I had anticipated to view since I had first heard about it. Well, laziness aside, it was basically the last weekend to see it here. So, off I went to the theater to catch the movie. First I left late, and public transportation was increadibly retarded. I was stuck in a subway wagon packed with a whole tribe of kids and their mums, which did nada to soften up my mood. I get to the Paramount downtown, only to realise that not only am I late, but I had the wrong time competely, so not only half an hour late, but over an hour. I lloked for a bacup plan, so that my trip isnt compeltely wasted. Unfortunately, Silent Hill was nowhere in sight.
But there was The Da Vinci Code. The whole phenomenom had already reached the pinacle of distain in my mind, but this was the last straw. They had pulled nearly all the other movies to show that abommination of a "thriller". Now, not only cant I stand that hack Dan Brown, but Audrey Tautou and Tom Hanks have been unceremoniously dumped into the unforgiving hell of pointless movie adaptaions. The fact that I havent been able to stand Tom Hanks for a while didnt help either. Its just a shame that the movie will still make a load of money at the box office.

No comments:

Post a Comment