What's this?

this is the archives of my old blog. Follow me at http://martinrouge.blogspot.com/ whenever I post!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Nod and a wink...


I had an interesting experience today. Having received one of my latest purchases, I decided to give it a listen during my lunch break. I must say that I was stunned. Three Little Pigs by NOD, a Cold Meat Industries signee is a damn powerful album. I didn't quite know what to expect from them; I just had this feeling that it'd be interesting. My perception is that its a cross between Brighter Death Now and Lustmord. As abrasive and harsh as the swede master of death industrial, yet as lyrical as the old man from SPK's unquiet atmospheres.
My reaction was particularly amplified by my reading material at that time, having just started Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. I could have hardly have consciously picked a better soundtrack. The only other choice I can think of is Lustmord's own work, but it would be lacking the aggressive edge that not only accompanied, but amplified the utopian nightmare of a scientifically run, sterile society, where nothing but consumption (and thus, industrial production) is the byword.
Now isn't that what we are told to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment