What's this?

this is the archives of my old blog. Follow me at http://martinrouge.blogspot.com/ whenever I post!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Its harvest time

I came home a few moments ago and the hallway was filled with a most beautiful smell, that of slow roasting garlic. Yes, its harvest time and I'm making enough pizza sauce to last me all winter. Hopefully.

There was a time when I used to go out clubbing. I don't really do that anymore, not because I "grew up", but because I find very little satisfaction in that activity at this point. Most of my clubbing friends have moved away, and I don't need to pick up chicks anymore, so whats the point? So I wont be doing anything for All Hallow's Eve this year, at least, nothing club-wise. Middle of the week, gotta get up early, I guess I'm too old for this sort of thing anymore. Either that, or the music sucks.

I'll stay home and make more sauce. Thats pretty much what I've been doing for the last little while, cooking. Testing out recipes. Enjoying the food. Spending way too much money on the gourmet stuff. No complaints though; food is good, lots of it, even better; lots of great food is heaven. On a plate. And its going to pay back someday. I've set myself a goal. In two years' time, I have to have left my current employment. I don't know for sure what I'll be doing, but I need to leave that place. Thats a tricky thing, cause the benefits are pretty good, but the mind cant cope anymore. I'm thinking of getting into catering. Small scale, private diners and such. I'm not really set up for it yet, and I don't really know what I'm doing, but I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment